Postpartum healing can be seen as equally important as caring for yourself during pregnancy. During childbirth, women are pushed to extreme levels and it takes time and support to recover fully.
The placenta has been used as an ancient medicinal, spanning across many cultures and traditions, and has strong roots in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). It is listed as a herbal remedy in the Materia Medica and is classified as an herb which:
- Tonifies the liver and kidneys
- Augments (boosts) essence
- Tonifies/replenishes Qi, Blood, Yin and Yang and
- Promotes lactation
....all very important for postpartum healing!
In our day and age, women are expected to bounce back from childbirth rather quickly. Whether it be returning to work as soon as possible, tending to other children or family members, or both, there is a lot energy being spent! Women now more than ever, are seeking the healing benefits of their placentas to encourage a speedy and full recovery from childbirth.
Women who have used their placenta report healing benefits such as:
- Increase in energy
- Stabilized mood and emotions and balancing of hormones
- Hastening of uterus returning to prepregnancy size and shape
- Decreased postpartum bleeding time
- Increase in milk flow
- Increase in Iron levels
Qi of Life Birth Services provides both TCM and raw placenta encapsulation services as well as tincturing. We work with our clients to determine the appropriate method for them. Please visit our FAQs page for more information on logistics and the process of placenta encapsulation.
Our service includes:
- Consultation and unlimited text/phone/email support
- Pick up of placenta and delivery of pills
- Follow up after delivery of pills
- Your own placenta transportation kit; no need to worry about a cooler!
Click here to fill out our intake form.
Fees: $345; TCM or raw method encapsulation
$35; Tincturing with encapsulation
$80; Tincture only
$80; Placenta ice cubes
$200; Placenta ice cubes only